Undergraduate Teacher / Advisers of the Year Awards
The University of Florida recognizes its outstanding teachers and advisers from throughout the campus by presenting teaching and advising awards, which are available to all colleges offering undergraduate instruction. These awards are to encourage and reward excellence, innovation, and effectiveness in either teaching or advising.
Nominations for all awards will be solicited from students, faculty members, department chairs, higher-level administrators, and others. Individual faculty members may nominate themselves, but must win at the College level before being forwarded for consideration at the University-wide level. Individuals who received teaching or advising awards at the college level or University-wide level during the previous 2 years are not eligible.
Undergraduate Teaching Award:
- The individual must be a full-time faculty member, tenured or untenured, who has been responsible for teaching at least two undergraduate classes during the current calendar year. Excellence and effectiveness will be demonstrated by standard evaluations of students, instructors, courses, and observation by peers and department chairs.
- There must be evidence of innovation in course design and/or instruction.
- Undergraduate Teaching Award Guidelines 2018-2019 (.pdf)
- Undergraduate Teaching Award Application Materials (.pdf)
Professional Adviser Award:
- The individual must be a full-time professional adviser for a department or college, and must have been an adviser during the current calendar year. Excellence will be demonstrated by performance evaluations based on student evaluations, responses, and letters of support from superiors and peers.
- There must be evidence of innovation, professional engagement, and outreach in advising.
- Professional Advising Awards Guidelines 2018-2019 (.pdf)
- Professional Advising Awards Application Materials (.pdf)
Faculty Advising/Mentor Award:
- The Individual must be a faculty member tenured or untenured, who has engaged with undergraduates as an adviser/mentor during the current calendar year.
- Nominees are asked to submit a portfolio of materials relevant for the Faculty Adviser/Mentor award. There must be evidence of innovation and outreach in advising/mentoring.