Faculty Awards and Distinctions
The University of Florida honors faculty who bring distinction to the university through their outstanding commitment to teaching, scholarship, service, research and creative activity. A number of awards and recognitions acknowledge the vital role of faculty at the university and makes note of their outstanding support of the university's core mission.
- Dr. Scott K. Powers Distinguished Professor, Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology, College of Health and Human Performance, named 2016-2017 Teacher/ Scholar of the Year.
- 2016-2017 Teacher / Adviser of the Year:
- Ted Spiker, Undergraduate Teacher of the Year, Department of Journalism, College of Journalism and Communications
- Monika Oli, Undergradute Faculty Advisor/Mentor, Department of Microbiology and Cell Science, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Virginia Leigh Smadbeck, Undergraduate Professional Advisor, Heavener School of Business, Warrington College of Business