All applications for promotion, tenure, and/or permanent status at the University of Florida will be processed in the Online Promotion and Tenure (OPT) System.
2019-2020 Promotion and Tenure Information:
- Promotion and Tenure Guidelines 2019-2020 (PDF)
- Highlighted changes for 2019-2020 (PDF)
- The 2019-20 Application template will be available around April 15th in MYUFL. Web Browser should be set to allow pop-ups.
- Log onto MYUFL
- Go to Main Menu >My Self Service >Faculty Promotion and Tenure >UF Faculty Promotion and Tenure >Promotion and Tenure Packet > Packet Template with Activity.
- The Template will open as a Word file, with some sections auto-populated with the candidate's information.
- NOTE: The Assistant In series must use a different Template. These promotions do not use the OPT system and are decided by the relevant dean.
Workshops have been scheduled to discuss the preparation of Online Tenure and Promotion (OPT) packets and the University evaluation process for 2019-20. We encourage faculty who will be submitting packets this fall, members of this year’s college/unit review boards, new hires, and other interested faculty who may be going through the OPT process in the near future to attend one of these sessions:
- Friday, March 22, 2019, 2:00pm-4:00pm, Room 6120 MSB/Shands (Take Atrium Elevators to 6th floor). Videoconferencing for COM/Jax employees in the LRC Auditorium.
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 9:00am-11:00am, Reitz Union Chamber. Will be video streamed and recorded.
- To sign up for one of the faculty workshops please RSVP to Rosie Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2019 PowerPoint Presentation
NOTE: The Dean must receive prior approval for Tenure Upon Hire from the Provost before the letter of offer is sent to the candidate.
Information about the Online Promotion & Tenure (OPT) system including instructions, FAQ, and user Guides may be found in the Toolkit .
For questions, please contact:
- Your P&T Department or College Administrator
- Deanna Nelson, University Promotion & Tenure Administrator
- Dr. Chris Hass, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.