All applications for promotion, tenure, and/or permanent status at the University of Florida will be processed in the Online Promotion and Tenure (OPT) System.
2017-2018 Promotion and Tenure Information:
- Promotion and Tenure Guidelines 2017-2018 (PDF)
- Highlighted changes for 2017-2018 (PDF)
- The 2017-18 Application template is in MYUFL. Web Browser should be set to allow pop-ups.
- Log onto MYUFL
- Go to Main Menu>My Self Service> UF Faculty Promotion and Tenure> Promotion and Tenure Packet> Packet Template with Activity.
The Template will open as a Word file, with some sections auto-populated with the candidate's information.
- NOTE: The Assistant In series must use a different Template. These promotions do not use the OPT system and are decided by the relevant dean.
- Workshops will be available to cover the OPT system and T&P process on:
- Thursday, March 16, 2017; 9-11am at the Reitz Union Chamber Room (Ground Floor). (Livestreamed)
- Friday, March 31, 2017; 2:00-4:00 pm (will be recorded) at *6120 HSC/MSB Shands with video conferencing for COM/Jax in the Alumni Room. *Take elevators in Atrium area to 6th floor. And follow directions to Auditorium, Lecture Hall 6120 will be on left side of hallway.
- Video of the March 24, 2016 Promotion and Tenure Workshop
- 2017 PowerPoint Presentation
- Recommendation for Tenure upon Hire (.docx)
NOTE: The Dean must receive prior approval for Tenure Upon Hire from the Provost before the letter of offer is sent to the candidate.
Information about the Online Promotion & Tenure (OPT) system including instructions, FAQ, and user Guides may be found in the Toolkit .
For questions, please contact:
- Your P&T Department or College Administrator
- Janet Malphurs, University Promotion & Tenure Administrator
- Dr. Angel Kwolek-Folland, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.
2016-2017 Promotion and Tenure (P&T) Information - Archived:
- 2016-2017 T&P Guidelines (PDF)