Faculty Update Submission Guidelines
- Submissions received by Friday, will be published in the following week's Update. The Faculty Update is published every Wednesday.
- E-mail submissions to FacultyUpdate@aa.ufl.edu
- Send content as plain text, either in the content of your email, or as an attached word document.
- Graphics, including PDF flyers, will be reduced to 500 - 200 pixels. Please make sure graphics do not include text that will be too small once reduced.
- If your flyer will not be legible once reduced, please provide a link to the flyer in your plain text submission. For example:
- The application for this can be found on our website (include link)
- The application (include link) can be found here (include link).
- Include contact information within the body of your submission. For example:
- For more information, please contact: _____ OR
- For more information, please visit our website: _______
- Provide name and unit affiliation of the person submitting content: "Submitted by Lily Lewis, Office of the Provost"
- Faculty Awards are shared via the newsletter and are also hosted on the Faculty Update Awards page. The Faculty Awards section is for publication of professional awards, honors, and distinctions, but does not include grant awards.
- Faculty House Rental listings are offered as a service to faculty and staff to support academic related leave such as as a sabbatical or professional development leave.
Additional Considerations for Submitting Content to the Faculty Update:
- Submissions should be items with information, events, or resources that specifically benefit University of Florida faculty. Advertising is generally not appropriate for the Update.
- All events or programs in the Update should be UF sponsored or related.
- Submissions only run once and will not be published in multiple issues of the Update.
- Submissions that have been widely distributed elsewhere will not be published in the Update.