All applications for promotion, tenure, and/or permanent status at the University of Florida will be processed in the Online Promotion and Tenure (OPT) System.
2022-2023 Promotion and Tenure Information:
- Promotion & Tenure Guidelines for 2022-2023
- Highlighted Changes for 2022-2023 Promotion & Tenure Guidlelines
- Promotion & Tenure COVID Impact Statement Guidance for Faculty
- OPT Workshop Recording 2022
- The 2022-23 Application template is available in MYUFL. Web Browser should be set to allow pop-ups.
- Log onto MYUFL
- Go to Main Menu >My Self Service >Faculty Promotion and Tenure >UF Faculty Promotion and Tenure >Promotion and Tenure Packet > Packet Template with Activity.
- The Template will open as a Word file, with some sections auto-populated with the candidate's information.
- NOTE: The Assistant In series must use a different Template. These promotions should use the specific In series portion of the OPT system only and promotion decisions are made by the relevant dean
Workshops have been scheduled to discuss the preparation of Online Promotion and Tenure (OPT) packets and the University evaluation process for 2022-23 We encourage faculty who will be submitting packets this fall, members of this year’s college/unit review boards, new hires, and other interested faculty who may be going through the OPT process in the near future to attend one of the following sessions. To sign up for one of the faculty workshops, please register in myUFL, myTRAINING: Code: PRO340
NOTE: The Dean must receive prior approval for Tenure Upon Hire from the Provost before the letter of offer is sent to the candidate.
Information about the Online Promotion & Tenure (OPT) system including instructions, FAQ, and user Guides may be found in the Toolkit .
For questions, please contact:
- Your P&T Department or College Administrator
- University Promotion and Tenure Administrator
- Dr. Chris Hass, Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.